Russian blue beads in elongated faceted tube shape. They were made in Europe by the drawn glass technique and were faceted by hand. Since each bead was cut by hand, they are slightly irregular. The color of the beads varies from medium to dark cobalt blue. The beads are in mostly good condition with some minor chips and pitting. They are of high quality genuine antique trade beads. They were made over 200 years ago in Europe and traded in West Africa. They are strung on traditional raffia, but the raffia has split.
- They have large beading holes that are 3-4mm
- This strand is 21" long and has 28 beads on it.
- It is from the early 1800's.
- These antique beads show some signs of wear and pitting, which adds to their beauty and story
- You get this exact strand
Size: 18-20 x 5mm
Please visit Estate Beads' home page for more beautiful vintage beads, gemstones, jewelry and supplies. Like me, Pin me, or favorite my shop, you never know what items I will add next!