Antique Venetian round black beads with a prominent ruffled white belt.
- Traded to the Igbo of Nigeria
- They are 8-10mm in diameter with large 3-4mm holes
- You see they are irregular in shape and size since they were hand made in the late 19th to early 20th centuries in Venice
- This type of bead is often called Dog Teeth or Dog Tooth beads.
- Beware of modern imitations with smaller more even ruffles and a clean look
- These antique beads show some signs of wear and pitting, which adds to their beauty and story
- 6 beads in a package